Ellisa O. Habbart
Ellisa Opstbaum Habbart is a founding partner of The Delaware Counsel Group LLC (“DCG”), and exclusively represents Delaware corporations and alternative entities in national and international business transactions.
Ellisa Habbart leads The Delaware Counsel Group and advises lawyers globally on the Delaware law aspects of complex transactions. Her experience spans over 25 years and has focused on
Ms. Habbart is
Prudential Financial Inc., AngelList, Gazelle Finance, AEGON N.V., AECOM, BBAM, Truenoord, JT Group Limited, Emerging Capital Partners Investments, Housing Partnership Equity Trust, Tate & Lyle, Hobbs, Avolon, Westfalia, Partners Group.
- Delaware State Bar Association: Ms. Habbart is one of twenty-six (26) appointees to the Corporation Law Council of responsible for analyzing and recommending amendments to Delaware’s corporate and business entity statutes to the legislature.
- International Bar Association: current appointee to the IBA’s Legal Policy & Research Unit by the IBA Corporate & M&A Law Committee and former Vice Chair Private Equity and Corporate Governance subcommittees of Corporate and M&A Committee.
- American Bar Association: Current LLC Committee representative to International Coordinating Committee, Chair of LLC Committee Use of US Entities Internationally and member of Executive Committee since 2010; former Vice-chair of LLC Committee, Chair of the Subcommittee on Business Trusts, REITS and Financing Vehicles and Advisor to the Uniform Law Commission Drafting Committee on the Uniform Statutory Trust Entity Act.
- National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms: Current Co-Chair Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Delaware chapter “The Corporate Governance Review”.
- Delaware chapter “Partnerships, Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances”.
- US chapter “IBA Treasury Shares Guide”.
- Co-Editor “IBA Director’s Duties Checklist”.
- Co-Author “Delaware Limited Liability Company Forms and Practice Manual”.
- Delaware chapter “Private Fund Dispute Resolution”.
- “Uniform Statutory Trust Act”, The Business Lawyer.
- The Private Equity Journal: “Is a Delaware LLC the Answer to Address Risks of Personal Liability in Private Equity Investments in Brazil?”
- Villanova University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Drexel University, Masters in Taxation
- Temple University, Bachelor of Business Administration
(302) 576-9600 Ext. 12
(302) 576-9608 Fax
2 Mill Road, Suite 108
Wilmington, DE 19806